University of Minnesota
myU OneStop

The Humphrey School of Public Affairs is the University of
Minnesota's school of policy and planning.

Graduate Minors

The Humphrey School offers graduate minors in addition to its degree programs. Minors in public policy; science, technology, and environmental policy; and urban and regional planning are available to students in other University of Minnesota degree programs.

Graduate Minors at the Humphrey School

Humphrey School graduate minors consist of at least 9 credits in 5xxx or 8xxx Public Affairs courses. Up to 3 credits may be taken on an S/N grade basis. All other courses must be completed with grades of B or better. Specific coursework is chosen in consultation with the student's minor adviser or director of graduate studies for the associated degree program. Students are required to take a minimum of three credits from those required in the degree program with which the minor is affiliated. For students pursuing doctorates, a minimum of *12 *credits must be completed in the minor field or supporting program. If you are interested in pursuing a graduate minor from the Humphrey School, please email us at

Graduate Minors throughout the Univeristy

Many other degree programs throughout the University offer minors that can be pursued by public policy and planning students. For further information about the availability of and requirements for a minor in a specific degree program, see the degree program descriptions in the Graduate School Catalog. Some minors are not associated with a major. These minors are listed in the Minors Only section of the Graduate School Catalog.

Some examples include:

If you are an undergraduate, you may wish to explore the Nonprofit Management minor (a track within the Management minor).


Humphrey School
University of Minnesota
280 Humphrey School
301 19th Ave. S.
Minneapolis, MN 55455