University of Minnesota
myU OneStop

The Humphrey School of Public Affairs is the University of
Minnesota's school of policy and planning.

Dual Master’s Degree Programs

Choosing a dual master’s degree program gives you the opportunity to complete a Humphrey School degree and another University of Minnesota graduate or professional degree in less time (typically one year less) than it would take to complete the two degrees separately.

We currently offer the following dual degrees:

Master of Public Policy (MPP) with:
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Law (JD)
Master of Social Work (MSW)
Master of Public Health (MPH)

Master of Urban and Regional Planning (MURP) with:
Law (JD)
Master of Social Work (MSW)
Master of Public Health (MPH)
Master of Civil Engineering
Master of Landscape Architecture (MLA)

Master of Science in Science, Technology, and Environmental Policy (MS-STEP) with:
Law (JD)

Admissions Requirements

If you are interested in a dual master’s degree program, you must apply for admission separately to both the Humphrey School and to the other school within the University. If applying for the MLA, MSCE, MS in HSRPA, or MSW, you also submit an application to the Graduate School.

Video Tour of the Humphrey Institute

Joe Dammel

Find out why Joe is pursuing a dual degree in science policy and law.

Watch Video

Humphrey School
University of Minnesota
280 Humphrey School
301 19th Ave. S.
Minneapolis, MN 55455